Our members promise to abide by the Local Approved Trades Code of Conduct and agree to have reviews from their customers published online.
If any in the unfortunate circumstance negative feedback should be received we like to give our members the opportunity to put the matter right, prior to publication. This usually results in a much better outcome for both parties involved and hopefully a resolution can be reached.
If by any chance you still feel dissatisfied or let down by a Local Approved Trades member here’s how we can help:
- See if a mutual resolution can be reached, at Local Approved Trades we recommend you to make all reasonable efforts to discuss your issues directly with the company/tradesperson concerned.
- Our aim is to remain impartial throughout, supporting where we can both parties to a reasonable resolution.
- To encourage a resolution Local Approved Trades will contact the company/tradesperson involved to discuss your concerns. If you do not wish for Local Approved Trades to contact the company please let us know, however we will not then be able to publish the feedback on the website. We will hold the complaint within the Company records for future reference and review if required.
- We may request evidence of work carried out. In the absence of evidence we will be unable to publish the complaint.
- Local Approved Trades can only assist you with complaints about current Local Approved Trades members.
- The complaint must be received in writing within a 12 month period from the day the work was completed, or outside of this date range we can only review complaints if the guarantee or warranty is in place.
- Local Approved Trades will not publish anonymous comments or those from third parties.
- If court action is being taken by the customer, the complaint will be published and remain published if the court rules in favour of the customer. If court action is being taken by the trader, the complaint will be kept on hold until the courts verdict and published if the court rules in favour of the customer. We require proof of a stamped court application under both circumstances.
- In the event of a satisfactory resolution being reached, you are welcomed to decide whether you wish to continue with your original comments, to withdraw them in the entirety or to submit new feedback.
- We aim to respond to all Complaints within 48 hours.
- We aim to publish all complaints within 20 working days..
- Local Approved Trades reserves the right to edit comments for length, spelling or clarity, whilst retaining the original intended meaning.
- We will not publish abusive language.